Saturday, March 23, 2013

Bring back that linky feeling

(if you can sing - sing this to the tune of "You've Lost That Loving Feeling")

You never reply back anymore when I like your post
And there's no updates like before in your feed list
You're trying hard not to post it
But baby, baby I know it
You've lost that linky feeling
Ooh that linky feeling
You've lost that linky feeling
Now it's gone gone gone oh oh oh




Just when I started to get the hang of this blogging game, facebook and twitter popularity grows even more. I know there is a limited amount of time people have for browsing the internet.

...‘cause baby something beautiful dying...



I’ve had many bloggers just drop off my comment section. Sure there will always be the fading of interest over time. They say we are creatures of habit. I would modify that to “creatures of short habits”.

Would it be fair to say these past bloggers and followers are cheating on the blogs over on facebook?

The drop off in blog visits has been caused by more than facebook time. Reading facebook with an smartphone app is easy. Do followers read blogs from their smaller smartphone screens? I don’t think so. Web access via smartphone vs. laptop is killing the blogosphere. I like to think only the better blogs will survive.

Of course, fewer and fewer music listeners play the Righteous Brothers too.
 

Bring back that blog linky feeling


blog comments powered by Disqus