Sunday, February 19, 2012

Scaramouche scaramouche will you do the fandango?

Scaramouche is portrayed as a boastful clown in Italian theater.  This is so fitting since my main blog is titled A Few Clowns Short.  Playing  a boastful clown might not be too bad.



Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?

In past postings I have compared blogging to the lyrics of Queen and others.


ABBA was a big hit before the internet, before an MP3 player existed.  Many of their songs match well with the phases of blogging.  Consider these ABBA lyrics:

You start blogging. -->
Take A Chance On Me
if you got no place to go when you’re feeling down, read my blog 
...
We can go dancing.  We can go blogging.
...

you can take your time baby I’m in no hurry - 
...
my blog is strong enough to last when things are rough.  It's magic.

The comments come but then stop -->
Knowing Me, Knowing You 
 Reading through an empty comment
tears in my eyes.
Here is where the post ends
...
knowing me, not knowing you
it’s the best I can do
...
memories, good days, bad days, 
they’ll be posted always.

You find and follow other blogs. -->
Mamma Mia 
momma blogs use many memes = meme-a-mia

You lose followers. --> 
S.O.S 
where are those happy days 
they seem so hard to find - 
...
when you’re gone how can I even try to go on - 
when you’re gone though I try how can I carry on -
...
what happen to my followers it used to be so good. 


Blog readers fluctuating like the price on a gas station pump can be discouraging.  You start to question your approach, your ideas.

My "A Few Clowns Short" blog finally is moving along enough that I feel a breeze through the window but if the wind dies, it's going to get smelly in here.  My "I can't blog" blog has been parked too long in a back alley and now has cats sleeping in the wheel wells.

Anyone can see,
nothing really matters,
nothing really matters,
to me.
blog comments powered by Disqus