Thursday, February 1, 2018

2017 eclipsed by the moon

I'm so happy that my wife and I were able to witness the total eclipse of the sun last August.

I posted our eclipse story on my main blog - here's the link.



smartphones fail with star pictures



On Monday, Aug. 21, 2017 the shadow of the moon zipped across the continental United States (coast to coast) in about 1 and ½ hours. I heard the shadow’s speed was over 1400 miles per hour. 

The NPR video of the eclipse story captures the moment. We were all looking up and shared a common interest for at least a couple of hours. Yes the actual length of totality was 2+ minutes but the planning, travel, setting up took some people days.





Even though the same side of the moon always faces the earth, while we were enjoying totality of its shadow we were watching the dark side of the moon.




All that is now
All that is gone
All that's to come
and everything under
the sun is in tune
but the sun
is eclipsed by the moon.

blog comments powered by Disqus